Work With Us
We are looking for part-time and full-time team members to join our exciting new pub in the heart of Clifton. We are a small group of independent pubs, with a strong focus on seasonal and local produce with a daily-changing menu, fantastic beers and spirits, and carefully considered wines. Our other venues (Hare and Hounds Aberthin / The Heathcock Cardiff) feature in the Michelin Guide, The Good Food Guide, and the Estrella Damm Top Gastropubs list; we aim to achieve the same standards here at The Clifton.
We are a great independent business to work for, with added benefits being:
– competitive salary with regular pay reviews and increases.
– equal share of generous 12.5% service charge.
– 50% staff discount on food here and at our other sites, Hare & Hounds, Heathcock and Hare & Hounds Bakery.
– staff food and knock off drink daily.
– great opportunities for progression; each new business that we open has grown from the team that we have already, and there is always the possibility for the right people to work their way up through the team and onto a new venture.
– opportunity for formal WSET wine training and other training.
– opportunity for staff trips abroad / dining trips in the UK.
We are currently hiring for:
We’re looking for a full-time Bar Manager to join our new pub & dining room in the heart of Clifton. We are a small group of independent dining pubs with a strong focus on seasonal and local produce with a daily-changing menu, However, our venues are first and foremost thriving local watering holes with great beers, homemade drinks and carefully considered wines.
Ideally, you will:
– Have great people skills, we pride ourselves on our teams welcoming rapport with local drinkers and diners.
– Enjoy a strong knowledge of drinks; beers, ales, spirits and wine.
– Have strong organisation and forward-planning skills.
– Have good cellar knowledge: line cleaning/cask ales/problem solving
– Have experience with cellar management: stock rotation/ordering
– Wine knowledge
– Strong food knowledge
– Personal license
Salary: £24,000- £27,000, based on experience, plus the equal share of generous 12.5% service charge mentioned above.
FRONT OF HOUSE
We’re looking for part-time and full-time front of house team members. Hospitality experience is essential, whether behind the bar or as a waiter / waitress…we can train you up in the areas you’re not so sure of. You will have great people skills; we pride ourselves on our team’s welcoming rapport with local drinkers and diners.Enjoy a strong knowledge of food and drink.Have strong organisation and planning skills.
Additional skills: Line cleaning /Wine knowledge /Cellar management /Experience in opening and closing a bar, including cashing up and relevant admin.
If you’d like to apply for Front of House, please email a CV to email@example.com
For Chef de Partie or Kitchen Porter roles please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org